Manor Drives Driveways & Building Services Fife, Scotland
Frequently Asked Questions
- My drive will “settle” after a little while. So sinking is inevitable – correct? No, No, and No! It will only sink if has not been constructed properly. We make sure that settlement will not occur.
- The new surface is not as porous as the original so will puddles form? Puddles of rainwater only gather if proper allowance has not been made for water run-off. We ALWAYS allow for drainage.
- What about weeds coming through? Again, weeds only ever grow through the new surface when the initial preparation has been substandard.
- Do you use a textile membrane under the paviours? This is a cheap way of discouraging weeds. Unfortunately it isn’t that successful. So as a general rule we don’t use geo-textile membrane because we don’t need to. We prefer the tried and trusted technique of doing the job right in the first place!
- Every company we’ve spoken to says they’ll do a great job. What makes you so special? Mmm. A good question. Well, first off, we have been approved by Marshalls – the country’s leading manufacturer of paving products. This approval is now becoming that much more difficult to just simply ‘sign up to.’ In addition we are members of the Guild of Master Craftsmen who employ highly selective procedures before accepting new members.
- Should I get my driveway sealed? Sealing should only be done professionally. DIY efforts quickly show signs of deterioration. We would also recommend that it isn’t undertaken immediately but after a period of at least 6 months has elapsed. We offer this as a service to our customers who want to enjoy the benefits of easier cleaning and that ‘finished’ look.
- What happens if problems occur after my driveway has been built? We want to avoid this possibilty at all times, but problems can happen in spite of our best intentions. Our policy is that if we do the job right to start, then we have the resources to solve any unforeseen problems – rather than making EVERY job cheap-and-cheerful and then end up chasing around fixing things! Just let us know what’s wrong and we’ll sort it out for you.